I’ve been feeling overwhelmed lately. So many good things are happening but with the new comes greater responsibilities. Ryan and I are both being pulled in multiple directions with many important opportunities but they all demand time. And we all know that time doesn’t multiply itself, it simply keeps moving. With this said, I ask for your specific prayers for Ryan and I as we are navigating this big transition from current jobs, to full-time support raising, to work and life in Australia. This picture shows the open area outside of Brookton which is an hour and a half outside of Perth. We long to call this place home.
Here are some prayers and praises. I’ve listed the praises along with the prayers so you can see how they are woven together for us. Thank you for praying!
- Praise God for technology that makes our lives more organized, helps us stay connected and simplifies some things. Please pray because I’ve been having technology issues at the school where I work, Ryan’s kindle fire (basically what he used as a computer) stopped working, my computer has been acting strange and Ryan and I are trying to figure out what to re-invest in as well as finding the time to fix or diagnose the problems.
- Praise God for us being approved to start support raising and getting closer to Australia. Praise God for the tickets to Atlanta in two weeks for the next training. Please pray for this process because many previous supporters can no longer give so Ryan and I are basically starting from the bottom again. Please also pray because support raising is a full-time job and we both are trying to juggle this while working.
- Praise God for extra hours at work for me. This will help us financially while we transition to support. Please pray for me as I struggle with how to balance my jobs, support raising and the relationships and responsibilities that come with working at a school.
- Praise God that Ryan can now quit one of his jobs. Please pray for the timing and the transition because Ryan has been working with this company for over 8 years and he wants to transition out well and maintain a good relationship with his co-workers and the company bosses.
- Praise God for daily provision in our lives and for our community here in Camarillo. Please pray for us as we make big decisions regarding when to give up our apartment and jobs here and being traveling to support raising.
- Praise God for a wonderful husband and marriage. Please pray for us during these stressful times that we would grow stronger together, support each other and find the time to continue to nurture our relationship.