I really should be working on my presentation for Sunday and writing my January newsletter but getting reacquainted with google seemed like a nice diversion. And justifying it as work, I googled Fun Facts about Australia. Here are just a few interesting ones that I have compiled for your reading pleasure:
- Sheep outnumber people in Australia. There are over 100 million sheep and only 20 million people.
- Melbourne has the second largest Greek population in the world, after Athens.
- The Australian Alps, or Snowy Mountains, receive more snow than Switzerland.
- Australia has the world’s largest population of wild camels with one hump.
- Apparently the first European settlers in Australia drank more alcohol per person than any other community in the history of mankind.
- There are 1500 species of Australian Spiders.
- The first ever car to be mass produced in Australia was the FX Holden (model 48-215). This was produced at Fishermans Bend, Victoria in 1948.